CEMML directs environmental planning that meets military training objectives, complies with federal regulatory requirements, and protects natural and cultural resources.
Environmental Planning Services
- Preparation and updating of integrated Natural Resources Management Plans (INRMPs) and Integrated Cultural Resources Management Plans (ICRMPs)
- Develop new INRMPs/ICRMPs, including carrying out required surveys.
- Format INRMPs/ICRMPs to comply with DoD Branch standards.
- Conduct analysis to complete annual updates and five-year revisions.
- Assist with developing goals, objectives, and projects (GOPs).
- Development of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) analyses and documents, including environmental assessments and environmental impact statements.
- Management plans for fish and wildlife, forestry, and wildland fire; biological assessments; and policy reviews and analyses.
Latest CEMML Stories
An Environmental Assessment for Non-native and Noxious Plant Species Management, developed by former CEMML biologist Maia Lipschutz, has paved the way for several environmental projects on Beale Air Force base to finally be realized.
On July 8th, a team of CEMML staff members gathered to celebrate the retirement of Cynthia Melcher and her editing and design contributions. As a send-off reflective of CEMML’s commitment to service, the gathering took place in Colorado’s Phantom Canyon for a day of volunteer trail maintenance hosted by The Nature Conservancy.
During a recent webinar, CEMML Ecologist and Project Manager, Dave Jones, along with co-contributors Shara Howie and Pat Comer from NatureServe, discussed the latest edition of the handbook, “Conserving Biodiversity on Military Lands – A Guide for Natural Resource Managers.”