CEMML provides effective and environmentally sound solutions for controlling invasive species and developing/implementing biosecurity procedures.
Invasive Species and Biosecurity Services
- Baseline and early detection surveys to locate and delineate existing invasive plants, insects, and animals and identify new ones before they become established.
- Programs for management of invasive species.
- Research on new and innovative methods for controlling invasive species.
- Experienced staff hold pesticide applicator licenses and certifications.
- Quality Assurance/Quality Bio-sanitation procedures to verify that cargo is free of invasive species and meets federal pest management standards.
- Standard Operation Procedures for invasive species rapid response plan and team capacities to contain outbreaks in the field.
- Integrated approaches to managing risks to humans, native species, and agriculture from invasive species.
- Strategic planning to limit the spread of invasive organisms and diseases.
- Site-specific programmatic pathway risk assessments and analyses.
Other CEMML Natural Resources Management Services
Latest CEMML Stories
Growing up in Fort Collins, Nate Kettle always knew he wanted to go to Colorado State University. With his military service background, he was immediately drawn to CEMML which allowed him to visualize a future career path after graduation. Throughout
A new edition of an important handbook for supporting biodiversity on Department of Defense lands is available. “Conserving Biodiversity on Military Lands: A Guide for Natural Resource Managers” first appeared in 1996, produced by The Nature Conservancy. In 2008, The Nature Conservancy and NatureServe released an updated edition. Now, a third edition has been completed by CEMML in collaboration with NatureServe.
Julie Steinhoff, a longtime CEMML employee has received one of Colorado State University’s 2022 Outstanding Achievement Awards for her service at Fort McCoy in Wisconsin. She is one of six State Classified employees recognized.
Share this page on social media